Opt Out of Your Public Sector Union

It’s your paycheck. Union membership is your choice. Government workers in the United States now have a voice and a choice whether or not to support or pay money to a union.

Provide Information
Submit Letter

Simply enter the information below and the form will automatically be filled in. When complete, the form will be saved as a PDF to print and send to your union and employer. If you want to fill out the information manually, or print several copies for family, friends and colleagues, you can print a blank opt out form here.

Personal Information
Provide Your Union Information
${ formErrors }

Below is a letter you can use to try and resign your membership from your union and stop paying dues. We recommend you send a copy to your union (by certified mail), a copy to your district, and keep a copy for yourself. Some unions and states may attempt to restrict this right – if you have issues, email us at [email protected] or call us at 833-33MYPAY.

Opt Out Letter

  Download PDF

Have you made the decision to leave your union? If you are willing to share your story, you can do so here

The Basic Facts

Public employees can no longer be forced to financially support a union that they do not want to be a member of.

Get started above and learn about your rights under Janus, or check out our explainer video for more information on the issue.